MarijuanaGrowGuide - Growing Marijuana Guide - The Decision
Looking for High Quality Cannabis Seeds?
So you're thinking about growing marijuana?
Growing marijuana can be both enjoyable and rewarding, but it can also be very stressful and taxing. There are many factors that need to be considered before you begin growing. As with making any major decision, you should consider both the benefits and risks of growing marijuana. It is not a decision that should be taken lightly, especially if the law forbids growing marijuana where you live.
There are many reasons to grow marijuana. The following list summarizes some of the more prominent reasons:
- Price: If you're only an occasional smoker, it might not be cost-effective to grow your own homegrown, but if you smoke regularly and are currently purchasing a lot of marijuana, ounce-for-ounce growing marijuana is far less expensive that purchasing marijuana from other sources.
- Quality: The quality of your homegrown marijuana will depend to a great extent on the genetics of the seeds you use and on the care of your plants, but if you take your time growing and harvesting your marijuana, you will be able to produce exquisite marijuana.
- Experience: Growing marijuana is an amazingly rewarding experience. There is great joy in watching plants develop from a tiny seed to a large plant, and you can proudly proclaim that you grew the marijuana you are smoking.
- Knowledge: Just as making your own wine from scratch can help make you a wine connoisseur, growing you own marijuana helps you build a solid base of knowledge about marijuana, being able to analyze marijuana by appearence, smell and taste. You will come to understand and appreciate marijuana on an entirely new level.
While growing marijuana may at first seem like the ultimate way to obtain marijuana, there are several downsides and risks to take into consideration. In many parts of the world, posessing and growing marijuana is illegal. Other parts of the world place restrictions on growing marijuana. Be sure to look into the laws in your area to make sure you don't get in trouble with the law. Even if it is legal for you to grow marijauana, it can still be to your benefit to keep your crop a secret. The following list summarizes some of the cons of growing marijuana.
- The Law: The legal ramifications of growing marijuana in many parts of the world significantly outweigh the benefits obtained. You can face fines and jail time if you choose to grow marijuana where it is illegal. If you do grow where it is illegal, you have to deal with the threat of being caught at all times. The paranoia may lead to anxiety.
- Cost: Growing marijuana requires supplies. To get a high quality product, you will need to purchase lighting, soil, seeds, reflective wall coverings, nutrients etc. The costs can add up, but if you are resourceful, you can keep expenses down and still get some quality product.
- Jealousy: One of the reasons to keep your grow operation a secret even if it is legal for you to grow marijuana is to avoid issues with jealous acquaintances. If someone of lesser character knows you have a grow operation nearing harvest, they may choose to harvest without your permission. I have heard many stories of pot plants being stolen with no knowledge of who took them. It's impossible to know what some people will do when dealing with a counter-culture product worth a lot of money. So keep your mouth shut!
- Time: You need to dedicate a significant amount of time to growiong marijuana. Quality marijuana requires at least three months to grow from seed to bud, and you need to spend some time out of every day to care for your plants. But once you get the hang of it though, time spent in your garden can become time well-spent.
So by now you must surely be aware that there are many reasons to grow marijuana and many reasons not to. Ultimately, the decision will be up to you and I hope you make a decision that you are comfortable with. Take some time to think it over, and if you come to the conclusion that you want to grow marijuana, you need to start, by getting your seeds.